Amplius Wifi Survey & Assessment
Our way of a Successful Wifi Survey & Assessment!
The way we do Wifi surveys & assessments is through various apps, floor plans, speedtest, inteferance etc.
- We access the floor plan
- Identify the location of APs
- Map them on floor plan
- Traditional speedtest.net & local bredbandskollen.se for speedtesting of different locations in the office
- Once above & below is captured, we finalize all details, recordings, results & documents for the final assessment of the site to be sent in to client
Laptop: Ekahau Heatmapper & Netspot for recording the signal strength, channel value, interference & reception quality.
- Ekahau Hetmapper gives me the choice to import floorplan, map APs & then get the heat details of each AP
- Netspot for signal strength, channel value, interference and the quality of the reception which also suggests best values of all these
Mobile: WifiAnalyzer & NetX is the mobile version of Netspot, always performs both mobile and laptop version. To be sure that the results for mobile & laptop devices are the same.
- WifiAnalyzer gives a more exact detailed report of channel, speed, DB, MAC of each AP etc
- NetX best feature is to see which channel value of the available APs in the network or of the available Wifis that has least interference and it suggests the best value for that location
IF no floor plan, then the steps are quite similar, only exception is that we manually import the details of location of fading values to get a precise heatmap for customer.